✔ [SOLVED] Not hearing azure voices

mjhoward1970

i cant install this update

i get a screen where it says not for my system but i have win 11...?

i guess its not for the 22H2 version so i have to wait.......

edit:

now im on the beta branch KB5018499 and in the fixes for this branch i read:

• We fixed an issue that affects the Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AAD) Application Proxy connector. It cannot retrieve a Kerberos ticket on behalf of the user. The error message is, “The handle specified is invalid (0x80090301).”             

but i cant still hear azure voices 

i uninstalled and reinstalled rw 2 but same 😞

Edited by Scip

Hello @Scip

This fix is not available yet for Windows 11 2H22 (for a mysterious reason...) but it should be released soon. I have that confirmation from Microsoft.

The fix you are mentioning "We fixed an issue that affects the Microsoft Azure Active Directory" is unrelated and does not affect the speech service used by RW Enhancer 2. 

Do not waste some time by trying to uninstall/reinstall RWE 2, it entirely up to Microsoft to fix everything now, you just have to wait (not for a long time now) 🙂 

• Like 1

Perhaps the fact MS is stated in the press to be laying off staff is not helping!    
I must admit that I’m not very pleased to see that Win11 will, in effect, be compulsory in 2025 when security support for Win10 will cease.   I don’t mind upgrading if it’s worthwhile, but to have to scrap my Haswell i7 (runs very well at 4.3ghz) and motherboard  and even possibly RAM too as it might not work in  a newer motherboard, I find frankly galling!  And what about all this tech being scrapped adding to the  e-waste issue?! 😖

For those who are unaware of what I’m saying the following is a cut n paste from an article:  “One of the controversies about Windows 11 is it’s ridiculous hardware requirements.  Specifically, among other things, your computer needs to support Secure Boot and feature Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0.  Neither is essential to the day-to-day operation of the computer. The two are so non-essential that hardware vendors often disable them by default on computers that support them.”

Edited by 462
  • Like 1

A question- I ran the Brighton Reigate route earlier and although there were platform announcements I did not hear any in-train announcements.   Having not previously run this route, is that normal, or am I possibly still having occasional problems?

MORE INFORMATION - next day:

I tested another route today and all announcements worked.  So I then ran the Brighton Reigate route and all announcements also worked!   However, I think that there is an issue with the RWE2 startup link with TS since the MS update.    Since that time the link at the top of the screen isn’t always there at the scenario start.   If one is quite quick to press 'T' to open the doors, then the RWE2 start screen is hidden until you click around the screen - I suspect MS have done it to you again!🤔.  Perhaps not all of the features are then started correctly?

Edited by 462

A new Windows 11 update is available, the KB5018496 update is now available (or will be very soon as it is distributed gradually).

You can now update windows by going in the "windows update" section. This update is fixing the SSL/TLS protocol issues that were preventing RWE 2 azure speech engine for working properly.

More information about this windows update here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/october-25-2022-kb5018496-os-build-22621-755-preview-64040bea-1e02-4b6d-bad1-b036200c2cb3

I assume that the windows 10 update should be out very soon too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RW Central said:

A new Windows 11 update is available, the KB5018496 update is now available (or will be very soon as it is distributed gradually).

You can now update windows by going in the "windows update" section. This update is fixing the SSL/TLS protocol issues that were preventing RWE 2 azure speech engine for working properly.

More information about this windows update here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/october-25-2022-kb5018496-os-build-22621-755-preview-64040bea-1e02-4b6d-bad1-b036200c2cb3

I assume that the windows 10 update should be out very soon too.

i had this update for win 11 today 

KB5018341

October 25, 2022-KB5018341 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 (microsoft.com)

i cant install the the other one you mentioned 😞

Il y a 42 minutes , Scip a dit:

i have now 

2022-10 Vorschau auf kumulatives Update für .NET Framework 3.5 und 4.8.1 für Windows 11, version 22H2 für x64 (KB5018341)

but cant hear any azure voices in rw2 ...

This is not the relevant update. The update that contains the fix is the KB5018496.

So I have received another auto update!

The History so far:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 - Successfully installed on ‎19/‎10/‎2022

2022-10 Update for Windows 10, version 22H2 for x64-based systems (KB4023057) - Successfully installed on ‎26/‎10/‎2022

2022-10 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 version 22H2 for x64-based systems (KB5018482) - Successfully installed on ‎27/‎10/‎2022

The initial startup of RWE2 is still a bit intermittent - it seems several times that unless 'T' is pressed the only other way to start RWE2 is to click around on the screen.    One route tested had both internal and external announcements heard - the second test on the Barnstaple Exeter route only had the internal - no platform.

Edited by 462

9 hours ago, 462 said:

So I have received another auto update!

The History so far:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 - Successfully installed on ‎19/‎10/‎2022

2022-10 Update for Windows 10, version 22H2 for x64-based systems (KB4023057) - Successfully installed on ‎26/‎10/‎2022

2022-10 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 version 22H2 for x64-based systems (KB5018482) - Successfully installed on ‎27/‎10/‎2022

The initial startup of RWE2 is still a bit intermittent - it seems several times that unless 'T' is pressed the only other way to start RWE2 is to click around on the screen.    One route tested had both internal and external announcements heard - the second test on the Barnstaple Exeter route only had the internal - no platform.

that's because you probably have "Vulkan" enabled in RwEnhancher's settings.

that means you have to click on your screen once, to bring up the service.

after that you can click the green/red bar to start the service.

if you don't want this, you have to disable "vulkan" in the settings of RwEnhancher.

then you don't have that anymore.

Edited by Dousjka
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 12:45 AM, 462 said:

That’s very interesting - l wonder if RW Central can confirm that is the situation?   It wasn’t like that for me though before the MS update, the small lower edge of the banner appeared at the top of the screen. 

I have always used Vulkan since it was incorporated into RWE2. 

Edited by 462

im not using vulcan because then i cant use reshade if vulkan had TAA shader and one of these shaders i would use it

TAA
FocalDOF.FX
PD80_04_Contrast_Brightness_Saturation.fx
PD80_04_Selective_Color_v2.fx
PPFX_Bloom.fx
PPFX_Godrays.fx
FXAA.fx
HexLensFlare.fx
Levels.fx
MagicHDR.fx

18 hours ago, 462 said:

That’s very interesting - l wonder if RW Central can confirm that is the situation?   It wasn’t like that for me though before the MS update, the small lower edge of the banner appeared at the top of the screen. 

I have always used Vulkan since it was incorporated into RWE2. 

if you use "vulkan rendering", you must change your screen settings in trainsimulator to "fullscreen borderless".....

do you have your screen settings in trainsimulator in "fullscreen", then vulkan can not run good.

also... with "fullscreen", you can not use vulkan... with "borderless fullscreen", you can use vulkan.

but... when you use vulkan, you must click on the cross on the information by start scenario and click one time on the screen.... do you dont't use vulkan, de green/red bar, will automatic coming into the screen.