✔ [SOLVED] Controller-Problems / Cooking lenghts

ricshort

Hello

I bought RWE2 in December 2021 and I find it a very good tool to expand the TS 20xx.

But there are two things/problems in RWE2 that I don't like:

1. RWE2 overwrites my Steam Controller settings, which I have specially defined for driving the TS 20xx.

2. The "cooking process" takes far too long and has to be done far too often, even if I only have one route active. Isn't there a way to change this?
For example, that the process does not have to be executed before I can even operate RWE2, but that I can trigger the "cooking process" later manually and optionally if required.

With kind regards
ricshort

Hello Ricshort and thank you for your feedback. 

Are you using any software so your Steam Controller can work with RWE 2 or do Train Simulator handle this without the need of any external program ?

As for the cooking process, the cooking is mandatory at each RWE 2 launch so every feature can work correctly. However a feature is coming soon so you can choose which route you want to exclude from cooking or not, so if you know some routes that you rarely use, you will be able to disable the cooking for them and this should save some cooking time. 

Other optimization will come to the cooking system it is just a matter of time, as the cooking system is a complex system and require a lot of attention when modifying it or adding new feature to it 🙂 

• Like 2

Hi

Thank you for the explanations. I'm eagerly waiting for further versions of RWE2 and thus also for changes in the cooking process. Of course, with 300 installed routes (only one stored at a time) and thousands of scenarios and vehicles, I'm not necessarily a normal driver of the TS 20xx 😁

About the Steam Controller:
Overwrite might be the wrong word. It should rather be said that my Steam Controller settings are not being applied.
My Steam controller (GamePad) has to be activated before starting the TS 20xx (normal process which is integrated in the desktop version of Steam). It expands the in-game controller settings of the TS 20xx.

Best regards
ricshort

Steam-Controller TS 20xx ricshort.png

Have you tried to launch steam in administrator mode under windows explicitly ? Does it change something ?

Thanks for the tip! That is the solution.
If I run Steam as Administrator then the Steam Controller settings work perfectly when I start the TS 20xx with RWE2.

Have a nice evening!

Any external program that should do something with Train Simulator needs to be run as administrator when playing with RWE 2 🙂 

Glad that the issue is solved. I will mark this whole topic as solved since content cooker cooking time improvements are planned. 

Have a nice evening to you too.

• RW Central changed the title to ✔ [SOLVED] Controller-Problems / Cooking lenghts