✔ [NOT A BUG] Unable to successfully open RW Enhancer 2 after installation

knuckle_shuffler@hotmail.c

I have installed RWE2 as administrator and the installation was completed without any issues, but, when I attempt to open RWE for the first time, I receive the following alert…

RWEnhancer2.exe - Entry Point Not Found

With the following message…

The Procedure entry point GetPackageFamilyName could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

I have uninstalled and re installed several times, but unfortunately, still receiving the above message.

I see the minimum requirement is win 10 or 11,  I’m running Win 7, can I assume it’s because of this, RWE2 won’t work?  Is RWE2 completely incompatible with Win 7?

Many Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even Microsoft itself has ended support for Windows 7 more than two years ago.  Security patches are no longer provided, leaving your PC vulnerable to viruses and hacking attempts.  You should upgrade to Windows 10 or 11 ASAP, and certainly not be surprised that third parties will not support WIndows 7 either.  

Edited by jpvdveer

• RW Central changed the title to ✔ [NOT A BUG] Unable to successfully open RW Enhancer 2 after installation