Sign in to follow this  
RW Central

RW Enhancer : Feature Requests

Hello, here you can talk about some features that you would like to see in future version of RW Enhancer. Please note that accepted features might be added in actual major version (1.x) or next major versions (2.x) of RW Enhancer. 

I'd love to see an improvement in the anti-aliasing, if that's at all possible. Either better performance in the current SSAA, or a new system.  

Posted (edited)

I'd love to have next features added. I think, they'll prolong TS' lifetime for many years more, as we've not seen TSW editing tools yet.

1. Add lighting capability for Procedural flora please. This shader is unlit by ambient, omni and directional light. No shadowing needed, only light please. This already existing feature can strongly improve terrain quality, but only a few people use it cause of absence of light.

2. Strongly interested in hires-mod for the terrain textures. As they still support only 256x256 px per 8m square, it looks terrific together with modern, well-detalised content. Also it blocks us from making rail objects, totally blended with a terrain. As we can do highly detalised ballast prism, and cannot blend it with the terrain with no seams. 

- Up to 1024x1024 per 8m square should be enough I think. But 2048x2048 is good too, if possible, of course. Old 256x256 maps would work as it was already done, or You can do smth like batch file to switch actual shader manually for different routes.  

3. Add shadowing capability for TrainFlora.fx shader for camera-facing modes too PLEASE. Both modern engines like Unity3D and UE4 support this. GIANTS Engine (Farming simulator) and PRISM 3d (Euro Truck simulator 2, American Truck simulator) are also supporting shadowing for billboard trees.  Train simulator - NO ((((

Ready to DONATE all features. #2 and #3 have highest priority for me. I'm working on a HUGE pack of 3D vegetation and shadowing will be a great improvement in my pipeline. Now I'm used to make a special shadow-making surfaces in my tree's frond. It increments the polycount and looks not as good as it might be at some angles of sun rays. 

Edited by DmitriSkif
update
  • J'aime 1

On 15/06/2019 at 17:06, CampfireB a dit:

I'd love to see an improvement in the anti-aliasing, if that's at all possible. Either better performance in the current SSAA, or a new system.  

I second that.  This is the main problem in TS, a more efficient and less-fps-costly AA method would be a fantactic improvement.

Currently, the TS nice graphics are ruined by the terrific AA built-in functionality.

• J'aime 1