RWE2 does not fully load following Win10 reinstall

DecrepitTSfan

Greetings,

Months ago, the PC on which TSC is installed developed unrecoverable Win10 boot partition corruption. Win10 had to be installed from scratch. That done, I first reinstalled Steam, then used it to reinstall TSC. That done, I called myself installing all RWE2 pre-requirements, then overwrote new TSC install with my heavily modded pre-Win10 corruption-TSC/RWE2 directory, assuming all would work as intended. It did, except for RWE2. RWE2 would get partway through cooking, then exit. Following printed guidelines, I uninstalled then reinstalled RW2, twice, the second time in a different directory. No change. RW2 did not complete cooking. After a few more attempts, I gave up and left the matter alone.

Recently, (April/May 2024), seeing that a new update was available, I launched RWE2 and had the program update itself. That done, it still does not cook. In fact, it doesn't get as far along with cooking as it did pre-update before giving up the ghost. (Not that that matters.)

A thing I notice while reading debug.logs is that "serz" or "serz.exe" is mentioned just prior to the long beginning its close-down sequence. Here are the two "ERROR" lines from my most recent debug.log:

2024-04-29 13:10:34.197 (   4.930s)          FileSystem.cpp:549    ERR| Could not SERZ '"O:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RailWorks\Content\PlayerProfiles.bin"' file. Error code: -1073741701
2024-04-29 13:10:34.197 (   4.930s)            Settings.cpp:941    ERR| Can't convert TS settings data from bin to XML

Whether the about points to the source of my issue, or I somehow failed to install a pre-requiring, which I doubt but won't rule out, I'm stumped. Any help is most appreciated! Entire debug report is attached.

debug.log

Edited by DecrepitTSfan
re-writing of original for better clarity

• DecrepitTSfan changed the title to RWE2 does not fully load following Win10 reinstall
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic