Pronunciation Changes?

Dinoap

Thank you all for the help on my recent problem.

How about another?  Is there a way to change the pronunciations in PIS audio?   It says "s t"  instead of "street"  and other misc things that drive me crazy.  

Thanks in advance.

Hello, as RWE 2 is in early access state, there is some issues to be expected 🙂 

I think this is related to the station names generation algorithm from RWE 2. RWE 2 is generating stations names from the routes "platform markers" which can have some funky names or abbreviations. While the algorithm is doing a great job from most of stations names, some can be problematic. 

Could you go in RWE 2 "Content Explorer" menu and show me a screenshot of the route stations names list where you have encountered this pronunciations issue for the last time ? That will help me to fix this issue.

Thanks 🙂 

image.thumb.png.69d550d22b4bedcf126b5f5d7f452600.png

This is my main route of choice.

Anything with "Ave" is being pronounced like Av-eee

"St" is being pronounced sss-tee   and not street

Union should be called Union Station.

Not trying to be picky at all, love the Enhancer.

No problem @Dinoap, good and clear feedback is always welcome and if it can be fixed (if there is no TS limitation by doing so), it will be fixed 😉 

"Ave" should appear as "Avenue" in the stations names and will be pronounced as "Avenue" in the PIS system in the next update that will be released later today. 

The "St" issue will be fixed in the next update (not today) as "St" can mean a different word in French language for example so I need to improve the algorithm so it can be aware of countries differences. This won't take long.

As for the "Station" instead of "Union Station", same thing this will be fixed very soon. 

Thank you for the report and please give me your feedback for the "Ave" issue when the update will be available and when you will have time to test the fix 🙂 

EDIT: Update is now available and ready for you to test the "Ave" fix.

19 hours ago, RW Central said:

No problem @Dinoap, good and clear feedback is always welcome and if it can be fixed (if there is no TS limitation by doing so), it will be fixed 😉 

"Ave" should appear as "Avenue" in the stations names and will be pronounced as "Avenue" in the PIS system in the next update that will be released later today. 

The "St" issue will be fixed in the next update (not today) as "St" can mean a different word in French language for example so I need to improve the algorithm so it can be aware of countries differences. This won't take long.

As for the "Station" instead of "Union Station", same thing this will be fixed very soon. 

Thank you for the report and please give me your feedback for the "Ave" issue when the update will be available and when you will have time to test the fix 🙂 

EDIT: Update is now available and ready for you to test the "Ave" fix.

I have to say, this is amazing to have such fast responses to questions.  Truly impressed.  I'll give the update a whirl tonight. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...