Future enhancements

Loufreisfreeway

3 enhancements which would be good to have.... passenger voices in passenger view to improved so that English.French.German voices heard..( not just this particular one we now have) plus the ability to choose this for the country in use..maybe make our own voices to use? ............  The ST at the end of certain UK stations ie Birmingham New Street..not heard as Saint or .essss teeee...........In stormy mode the addition of sheet lightning flashes.........At the end of a journey the Finish green bar to give more time..at presant its very fast..a few seconds..( not sure if this is controlled by the Train sim red bar end of scenario....... RWE2 is a fab piece of software..i never play train sim without it..it brings the sim to life in so many ways...my above wishes are just that..and not sure if they are possible..but they would be fantastic if they were. 

Hello, 

- For passengers "chatter" sound yes this is something I would like to add in the near future. If someone from RWE 2 community is able to record such sound that would greatly help me to add this sooner 🙂 

- Regarding the "St" pronunciation it is a bit tricky right now as the system is trying to know if the "St" means "Saint" or "Street". I need to add another layer to this system to handle this with hardcoded names for some stations. Will contact you soon to get some information about the "Birmingham New Street" issue so I can add the fix for this station and any other station you might encounter. 

- "In stormy mode the addition of sheet lightning flashes." I don't fully understand what you want here, could you elaborate more ? 

- And for the green bar, will see what I can do for this. 

Thank you for your feedback 🙂 

Thanks..i understand it will take time to enhance things further....the mention of the stormy weather mode is about having the sky flash white.ie the thunder sounds are exellent..but the addition of a white flash of lightning on and off..a few seconds before the thunder sound would be a great addition..this is what happens in reality..thanks for your appreciation of my feedback..

Oh alright I see. Can't promise anything on this because of TS scripting/modding limitations.

Regarding PIS station name mispronunciation issues, I have made quite a bunch of fixes today. This should fix most saint/street mispronunciation (along some other issues) for most stations (not all of them but at least 3/4).

The fix will be available in the next update that should come this week 🙂  

• Like 1

One thing that could be done is a fake 2D fast flashing effect on the screen when in external view, the screen could flash in white very briefly with a fast smooth fadeout effect when there is a thunder strike (with simulated speed of sound so that you see the flash before hearing the thunder strike if the thunder source if far enough).

Don't know what you think of this but it can add a nice cinematic effect... I may add this on my todolist 🙂 

Next things that will come soon is some improvements/fixes to the audio core engine, more realistic German PIS, adjustable volume setting for each audio effect layers and a new "station ambiance" audio effect for simulating various stations noises (passenger discussion, luggage's noises...).

• Like 2

Ive also added some London other stations...London is never mentioned  ie only waterloo.. The st for London Liverpool street is heard as Saint or Sss ttttt ..the same for Birmingham New Street..

London Euston is also only heard as Euston...in reality all London terminal stations are heard with london includeed.ie London Euston

London kings cross etc etc...The ist pic of Queen street ( which is heard as saint or sss ttt is actually Glasgow......hope this is enough examples ..reguards 😊

Thank you for the feedback @Loufreisfreeway, just one remark, a lot of your screenshot are showing the quickdrive "stop names" and these are not used by the PIS system, the station names that are used by the various PIS systems can be viewed in the "Content Explorer" -> "Routes" subsection. Like on this screenshot: 

image.thumb.png.a4523d8af52aaf9787632846330e8ec4.png

These are the proper station names that are used by the various PIS systems of RW Enhancer 2. I have made various improvements and fixes for the next update (that should be released tomorrow), especially for UK/US stations. More work will be done on this subject in future updates. 

The RWE 2 system that generate the station names is a bit complex, it need to "guess" the station name from the various platform marker names of the routes as there is no concept of proper station names in Train Simulator. For example if RWE 2 is detecting a "Liverpool St platform 1a"  platform marker name. RWE 2 will try to process it by using various more or less complex algorithms and the "Liverpool Street" station name will be generated from it. 

Before the next update, the generated station name would have been "Liverpool st" but with the update it will be  "Liverpool Street".

Another example would be the "Exeter st Davids" station of the riviera line route. With the next update the generated station name will be "Exeter Saint Davids" so the station name will be pronounced right by the PIS systems ("Saint Davids" can be heard instead of "Street Davids"). The generation algorithm is now capable of correctly detecting (most of the time) if "Street" or "Saint" should be used.

London Euston is also only heard as Euston...in reality all London terminal stations are heard with london includeed.ie London Euston

This is something I need to "fix" in the future. It's spoken by the PIS without the "London" because there is no "london" written in the route platform markers names. So I need to upgrade the station generation system to handle such case and add the "London" suffix when such case is encountered.

• Like 4