Memory Dumps

Werneru156

Question

8 answers to this question

If the message is "Saved Dump file to...", then it is not a question of memory. I have 8 Gb RAM and it works pretty well, except when I'm on certain lines or using certain trains. This is a recurring problem in TS, the only solution would be for devs to optimize the game...

• Like 1

Carte des lignes réelles 🇫🇷🇧🇪🇨🇭 dans Train Simulator Classic : http://u.osmfr.org/m/562186/

Did you have logmate running before the crash by chance, check the last folder and try to store it using a program like store them.

There might be something in that folder that might cause the game to crash.

• Like 1

This is an error which is unrelated to the amount of RAM installed.  What has happened is that a badly scripted software app eg  WS Scenario/Route has tried to write to an address in the RAM which is protected, unavailable or simply does not exist.  This creates an Invalid Page Fault and TS terminates with a 0xC0000005 error.  Incorrectly called "out of Memory" by DTG.

• Like 2

Although a bit controversial, increasing the paging size has minimized some of these OOM crashes. I have added a dedicated M.2 SSD for page file and found TSC to be more stable. Having 32 GB of memory I have settings for the paging file on the dedicated drive at Minimum 49152 Mb and 131072 Mb for maximum.

Edited by American Steam
Clarification
  • Like 2