Asking for a friend (no, I really am!).

Reef

A friend of mine has recently purchased RWE2 and he's very happy with it so far but there is one issue he can't get around and is above my knowledge to offer any assistance.

Said friend streams on Twitch using OBS but cannot get the HUD to show on stream, is there any tips  or recommendations to help him sort this out?

Any help appreciated.

@RW Central

Doing exactly what the manual (and your link) says but he just gets a black screen..

image.png.34767e7e8b1dd52fb55803de21364b50.png

It's placed above the railworks capture but you just have the black screen as shown in the preview above

image2.thumb.png.458bfc802e15fdcae3054454f10d3e54.png

That's the game screen which is working fine, also note he is running the game in borderless.

Edited by Reef

Hi there,

Thanks to reef for posting this on my behalf i did not know these forums existed.  I am the friend he is talking about.  First of all i absoloutly love your product so thank you for that,

I have problems with streamlabs.  On my twitch stream i will be able to stream TSC fully as a game capture.  I have followed the instructions you kindly provided above however when i do this OBS just does not want to capture RWE2 hud or anything it wont even then capture the sim itself.

Scratching my head with it as i have tried everything i can honestly think of

Ok myself and @Reef have done further  testing i sat and done it on a temp live stream so he could see

If i do game capture it will not show the sim itself nor RW Enhancer no matter what settings i try i just get a blank screen

If i do window capture and set it to capture the RWE2 and Railworks64.exe it works BUT i can only view one source either the sim or the RWE2 hud

we tried it for almost an hour with no results showing.

May i ask that you try it with the latest version of Streamlabs obs and if possible could you record it showing what you done to get it working as we are honestly at a loss here sadly,

Many thanks for your time

Hello @casual_gamer_2023

Are you using the Vulkan renderer ? I have tested screen capture with Vulkan and you need to do it like this under Streamlabs OBS: 

- Create a new source and choose "Window Capture". Then set it to capture the Train Simulator window. 

- Create another new source and choose "Game Capture". Then set it to capture RW Enhancer 2 window with the "Allow Transparency" setting enabled. 

image.thumb.png.aa8c73d98973edcd9db995727fee1323.png

This is working perfectly fine on my side as you can see it: 

image.thumb.png.8707d75988ca99b426f5c752bfb3a473.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RW Central said:

Hello @casual_gamer_2023

Are you using the Vulkan renderer ? I have tested screen capture with Vulkan and you need to do it like this under Streamlabs OBS: 

- Create a new source and choose "Window Capture". Then set it to capture the Train Simulator window. 

- Create another new source and choose "Game Capture". Then set it to capture RW Enhancer 2 window with the "Allow Transparency" setting enabled. 

image.thumb.png.aa8c73d98973edcd9db995727fee1323.png

This is working perfectly fine on my side as you can see it: 

image.thumb.png.8707d75988ca99b426f5c752bfb3a473.png

Thank you for this but i am totally stumped this just will not work for myself on Streamlabs OBS or OBS studio.  @Reef has tried as well we both been testing it for most of this evening for 5 hours now. We have tried your settings above i quoted and the old one ensuring we both followed it and both getting the same results.

Basically what we are both getting is the same result.  We have tested it on Vulcan and non vulcan (i run my sim in borderless mode constantly so not having to change screen set up etc)

For us what is happening is when we set window capture or game capture the screen is just blank.  A window capture will show the sim perfectly fine however game capture just a blank screen for RWEnhancer with nothing showing.  You can hear the announcements playing etc but the hud just will not show we have tried everything lol.

Sorry to be a pain over this but the hud just looks so usefull i would rather use it over the default one. 

kindest regards,

Edited by casual_gamer_2023

• 3 weeks later...