✔ [SOLVED] RW Enhancer 2 crashes during cooking (Version: 0.7.3.4)

Ladislav

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

problem solved. At the end of the day one route was an issue. I misinterpreted debug.log - it was the same route again and again.

As I create RealDrive scenarios I added into the Scenario folder a subfolder

RailWorks\Content\Routes\b2b159c4-d721-48a4-9af2-1be86ecc71d5\Scenarios\Vlara VnM UH\Vyber\8947a6a1-ea20-4f4f-aa69-22acacc59399 - 15AI BojSlvUhBrKun - 15xAI plus mezicile\

which is empty. TS2022 didn't care about that but RWE 2 did and crashed. After packing it into .zip file, the problem is solved and RWE2 works perfectly.

Thanks a lot for such a great SW!

• RW Central changed the title to ✔ [SOLVED] RW Enhancer 2 crashes during cooking (Version: 0.7.3.4)

I made it only for working purposes - it comprises from the original name of my scenario 8947a6a1-ea20-4f4f-aa69-22acacc59399 complemented by description in the Czech language (my mother tongue). I used it for a backup.

So "8947a6a1-ea20-4f4f-aa69-22acacc59399 - 15AI BojSlvUhBrKun - 15xAI plus mezicile" is the complete name of this subfolder. There was another similar empty folder at the same structure level (Vlara VnM UH\Vyber\) with the name 

"8947a6a1-ea20-4f4f-aa69-22acacc59399 - 15AI BojSlvUhBrKun - 15xAI plus mezicile z Vlary PLayer Luhacovice Uh Hradiste Veseli Bojkovice Slavicin UhBrod Kunovice 2"

And you can see that it is deeper in the Scenario folder structure under subfolders: Scenarios\Vlara VnM UH\Vyber.

No files there, I only forgot to delete this folder structure. And Voila! it caused that crash of RWE2

Yes, but you can configure Windows to accept longer path names.

As it happens, I used an installer for an MSFS airplane yesterday, by the leading third-party developer PMDG. MS Flight Simulator has ridiculously long path names (eg C:\Users\Public\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb334edw\LocalCache\Packages for all third-party content), such that the 256-character imit quickly becomes an issue. 

That particular installer actually offered to adjust the Windows path name limit, which I took up.  Maybe useful.    

2 hours ago, RW Central said:

It is, but if RWE 2 could handle this gracefully that would be better 🙂 

Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less from you. 🙂

2 hours ago, jpvdveer said:

Yes, but you can configure Windows to accept longer path names.

As it happens, I used an installer for an MSFS airplane yesterday, by the leading third-party developer PMDG. MS Flight Simulator has ridiculously long path names (eg C:\Users\Public\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb334edw\LocalCache\Packages for all third-party content), such that the 256-character imit quickly becomes an issue. 

That particular installer actually offered to adjust the Windows path name limit, which I took up.  Maybe useful.    

Interesting, not into flight sims (TS gets enough of my hard earned as it is) myself but nice to know there is possibly a remedy for what's effectively a Microsoft oversight.